Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Party!

Someone I absolutely adore turned 5 years old today!

Miss Riley

She has been obsessed with the color green lately and anyone who knows Riley, knows she loves bugs (and dragons and dinosaurs etc...) So, I put the two together for a fun birthday cake.


We grilled burgers and baked fries for dinner. Thanks Dan and Courtney for the burgers and Grandma and Grandpa for letting us party at your house!





Oh how I love this little girl who is getting big too fast. It has been such an adventure being her Mom. Riley is such a good girl. And, so smart! She loves to ask questions about anything and everything. A lot of times embarrassing her mother in public, "Oh no! Where did that Grandpas teeth go?!" or "Why is she sucking on that white thing with smoke? Doesn't she know she will die?!" She always keeps us on our toes. :) Riley forgives easily. She is very patient with her little sister, Sage. Lately Sage is trying to see what she can get away with. Sometimes she will pinch Riley or do some other naughty thing and Riley comes to tell me...instead of pinching her back. That's an A+ in my book! Riley and Sage are also really good friends. (I had to put that in here too.) Whenever I ask Riley who her best friend is she says, "Sage!" Riley has the best sense of humor. She can always make you smile if you are having a bad day. Riley loves to help out around the house. She is always happy to help clean up her toys or make her bed. She likes going to preschool a lot. She only has it twice a week and wishes it were every day. Riley is the most friendly/outgoing girl I know. She runs up to hug complete strangers and tells them she loves them. She has so much love and joy inside of her she literally bursts with excitement on a daily basis. 

I'm so proud of her and the example she is.

3 comments:

  1. So precious! Your tribute to her brought tears to my eyes!

    Grandma B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing important occasions like this is the only drawback to serving a mission. However, we wouldn't trade places with Grandpa Fuller for anything. For one thing, he scares people (according to one of our YSA who had dinner at his house last year). Seriously though, we love your family and appreciate sharing Riley's birthday vicariously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We sure love that little girl too!! She is growing up way too fast!!

    ReplyDelete