Thursday, February 2, 2012

All About Sage :)

I wanted to share the latest about Sage. We can't believe she is going to be ONE next month! And, neither can anyone else who looks at her. She looks more like a 5 or 6 month old! She is a ham like her older sister, full of personality. She can't look at any of us in the family without the biggest grin on her face. Her favorite thing in the world is blankets. Anytime she sees one she worms over to it and rolls around on it, bites it, rubs her face in it and laughs the entire time she is holding one. She is still nursing. I never thought I would let a child of mine nurse for this long, but the truth is I'm going to miss that time we share when it's over. However, I am looking forward to wearing normal shirts and dresses again! Sage likes to copy us. She will scrunch up her face and shake her head when she sees one of us doing it. She also laughs along even when she has no idea what is so funny. And, that makes all of us laugh harder. She is good at playing by herself IF someone is in the same room as her. She doesn't like to be alone. This is where having an older sister comes in handy! I can still take a shower and do some things around the house because the girls have each other for company. I have to talk about Riley for just a second....she is a superb sharer! I am always impressed with her giving nature. Occasionally, there are certain special toys she doesn't want Sage playing with (which is totally understandable) but she automatically gives her baby sister something else that's hers to chew on. :) The other day Riley and I were looking at a family picture. I asked Riley what Sage was to her. She said, "my baby friend." We love baby sister. We couldn't picture life without her! She makes it so much sweeter!






4 comments:

  1. I so love that little girl . . . and her big sister, too, of course! Wishing I could hug them both! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sage seems like such a happy little girl. Time flies, I can't believe how old she is. You have such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is such a little beauty! And always smiling! I can't beleive she is one!! Wow!! :) Miss You Guys! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grandpa Blick would like to hug all y'all. Even Jake.

    ReplyDelete