Wednesday, September 14, 2011

6 months already?

Baby Sage is 6 months old! We can hardly believe it! She fits right into our family and we adore having her around. In the last couple of weeks she's been introduced to solids. Rice cereal, squash, pears and green beans so far. Let's just say she's adjusting.... :) She's not a huge fan of any of it, but she'll get the hang of it soon. She's never had anything besides breast milk and it looks like that's all she likes at the moment! (Riley absolutely LOVED baby food, so this is a new experience for all of us).
Riley really wanted to try it. Haha! So, Jake gave her a big scoop of rice cereal and I don't think she'll be asking for more any time soon.
Such a sweetie
Sage Spotlight: So you can get to know her better. :)
She is a doll. When she cries, we pay attention to why she is because it doesn't happen very often. She's a pretty mellow little girl. She likes to coo and gurgle when she's extra happy. She like's having her head hang upside down. Let me explain. After I feed her she scoots up so her head is hanging upside down over my arm. If she's laying on her back in your lap she'll move backward's till her head is upside down off your lap. :) haha! She must think the blood flow to her head is funny. Don't worry, we don't allow her to be in this position very long. She love's her big sister, Riley. The 2 of them are best buds and I hope they can feel this way about one another forever. Riley is sad almost every time Sage goes down for a nap and get's super excited when she hears she's awake. Sage has the coolest hair! We can't wait to see what it looks like when it grows a little longer. It looks dark indoors, but the moment light shines on it, it's got the prettiest honey colored highlights! She's a little babe for sure. :) I love you Sage Jennifer! I didn't know I could love another child as much as I love Riley, but you proved me wrong!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 1/2 birthday to Sage:) She really is a sweet baby! You definately have 2 very beautiful and sweet girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two of the cutest little girls I know! Can't wait to see you all in less than two days!!!

    ReplyDelete