Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Are you kidding me?

I'm not having an emotional/hormonal breakdown at the moment so I decided to blog! (Yay for me!) My latest news on this pregnancy:
At my 37th week doctor appointment I was told I was dilated to 2 cm!! Wahoo-except for here I am still pregnant. I thought being dilated meant something..at least I'll have a faster labor and delivery, right? Anywho, I got super excited with this information, because I didn't dilate with Riley until I was in active labor for many hours. So, this is a new experience for me. (Keep in mind Riley came at 37 weeks 6 days). So, here I am thinking, yes!! -I'm going to have another 2 week early baby! Well, my 38th week appointment comes...dang! And, the doctor tells me I am now at 3 cm!! Wahoo-when I got to a 3 last time, I was getting an epidural! So, this is awesome news! But, here I am-still pregnant! I went to my 39th week appointment today..and the nurse says, "have you not had ANY contractions yet? I mean you are 39 weeks!" And, I wanted to slap her. (Yes, I said slap) I'm not to my due date yet lady - give me a break! So, this has pretty much been a really, really LONG journey for me. I know I will look back on this and laugh..but, seriously..it's super difficult to be more pregnant than you were before! And, having the doctor tell me, "I'm surprised you haven't had her yet," doesn't help me!! I will keep hanging on! Pregnancy ends at some point-right? I mean I have never heard of someone who was pregnant for forever..but, I might be the first in history. ;)

6 comments:

  1. The last few weeks of pregnancy are the worst because everyone seems to be looking at you and thinking "can't you do anything about that?!" Don't worry you will make it and she will be here in your arms very soon! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU! I remember thinking I was defective when I had to be induced! It'll come..I know it doesn't feel like it..but I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I Love You, Jana! I think you expressed really well what everyone feels toward the end! I can come over and let you nap it all away if you want ;) So excited for you! At least now you have a week countdown, right? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Jana, but your post was really funny...'I never heard of someone who was pregnant forever.' Good luck and I hope she comes today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did the same thing when I was pg with Dani. I was a 3cm at my 39th week app, but didn't have her until I was a day past my due date. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If your baby turns out to be as classy and lovable as you did, it will all be worth it. I should know; I'm your Dad.

    ReplyDelete