Friday, February 25, 2011

My Morning :)

I went to start the car this morning and shovel the sidewalk. When I got back to the house my daughter had decided to lock the door. I don't think she knew what she was doing, she was just playing with the door-knob. I said, "Riley turn the little handle." (Luckily she was just standing there smiling at me through the window.) She just jiggled it and looked up at me. After several attempts of her trying to do what I was telling her, (I was getting cold- it was 17 degrees outside!) I said, "Riley, Mommy is stuck...you have to unlock the door PLEASE!" She smiled and said, "Ok, be nice Mom!" hahaha... since I am now writing this post, you know she eventually succeeded and unlocked the door. :)

6 comments:

  1. So funny!! I bet Riley could have let you in at any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think she remembered what she did in the first place- she was trying hard to figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heavens..you failed to mention this detail! I'm sorry that's miserable and frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kailyn locked herself in once. The second day we moved to our apartments she was throwing a fit and ran to her room and slammed the door, then locked it! (Our last place we were in didn't have locks on the door, and these ones didn't have the little keys to unlock the doors!) At least we were inside though and not freezing our bums off! Glad you found your way in! And they make Jana water now. I was at the grocery store and there it was. just thought you might want to know you're famous and that they're naming bottle water after you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute Jana - every time I get frustrated with someone at home, Avery says "mom, you be nice now?" Never mind that I am MOSTLY nice : ) Kids are great! Hope you're feeling ok! Can't wait to meet my new favorite niece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard you were prgnant. Is this true?

    ReplyDelete