Sunday, January 23, 2011

I just feel like venting.....

At 33 weeks pregnant- I've almost "lost" it several times. Of course the entire pregnancy has gone by fast until recently. I am NOT comfortable. My back hurts 24/7, but at least it's always in multiple spots to keep me aware of the problem...and guessing where the next spot will arise. ;) It KILLS to put socks and shoes on. I hate it. (Yes, I know hate is a strong word and I meant it.) I have not gotten use to my groin muscle pains. I didn't experience them with my last pregnancy- and they are horrible. Especially after sitting or standing long periods of time. I didn't care to know that I even had muscles down there, but they let me know they exist constantly. Sleeping has been an issue for a while now. I can't breath, so I turn in bed, which is difficult and painful with no abs. I turn back and forth all night long to get the feeling back in my legs-which keep falling asleep (also an issue I didn't have last pregnancy). Every time I look at myself in the mirror I think, "OH MY GOSH- I'm a WALRUS!" And, it embarrasses me to know that is what my husband has to look at on a daily basis. Poor guy! I STILL get sick every morning...the moment I open my eyes. But, I usually manage to keep a nausea pill down long enough for it to begin working. (A HUGE blessing compared to last time). No matter how hard I try, I waddle. I have this limp or something that came out of no where and I can't kick it. Someday, I'll walk normal again, right??
PHEW! :) Now that you know my body and self esteem are down the tubes- I really DO want to share some positive things.
I'm very grateful for another healthy pregnancy. Every time I feel a kick, hiccup, or complete roll, I smile and thank my Heavenly Father. And, even though pregnancy get's pretty tough toward the end, I know it's easier to take care of a baby inside of your body, rather than out and am glad that it takes 9 months to become mentally prepared for such an event. (Although nothing can help you prepare for newborns and there lack of sleep at night-just knowing there is an end somewhere in the future I guess ;)

We are excited to meet our little gal and want the very best for her!
Thanks for reading my vent post! I feel better already........ for now ;)

2 comments:

  1. Jana!! Poor girl, the end is the worst. Hang in there, you're almost done and once you're on the other side (meaning the end of pregnancy/not being pregnant, not dying. wow i should have just used a different saying,)you feel like 1000 times better like instantly. And any names yet??? I'm dying to know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel! Trust me, at some point, your back, groin, legs and everything else will feel better and you'll have a new sweet little girl to snuggle. Hang in there, it'll be done before you know it.

    ReplyDelete