Monday, August 30, 2010

12 Weeks

After waiting 2 hours in the doctors office, (My doc had an emergency surgery) Riley and I finally got to hear the baby's heartbeat! I was excited and Riley was pretty confused. :) We will be talking about what a heartbeat even is for the next few days....

Some sudden changes that have been happening to me in the last couple weeks (all of which are completely normal and sometimes quite annoying, if you don't want to know some things about my personal life stop reading here) :

*I have to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. You think I'm joking? I have to go more often than my potty-training daughter. (those of you who have been around my daughter will think this is impossible) I also have to wake up 2-3 times per night to go!!
*It hurt's incredibly bad to button my pants already. Sad, I know. But, I can't quite fit into maternity clothes, so I apologize to the people who stare at me thinking I don't know my fly is down. (I'm talking to you Wal-Mart shoppers! Give a girl a break, this is what all of you look like on a daily basis, so stop judging me..haha JK)
*I have to constantly eat, and by constantly- I mean I have to pause from writing this post, to go and get something to eat (It's been a couple minutes since the last time I ate...I don't want to wither away ;)
*I just bought a bra to fit my "growing bust" and within a week, I can't breathe with it on. What's a girl to do??
*And, I'm sooo tired! (Not as tired as those of you who have newborns) But, it's kind of a catch 22. You see if I have time to take a nap, I wake up with a gigantic headache! I don't know why, but it happens every time. It's almost not worth it to get a rest in, but some days its really needed!

Aside from all of these lovely changes, I am very excited to welcome another baby into our family! My complaints are VERY small, compared to my last pregnancy and for this I am grateful. I hope I put a smile on your face!

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, hang in there Jana! And! I had to use a Bella Band for this stage... I have a grey one if you want to borrow it. I found out that Target also has a cheaper version too. Then I could still wear my normal jeans, and no one would know I wasn't zipped! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't being pregnant fun!!! Actually it's all worth it!! You look great and there are always bathrooms around!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HaHa! Welcome to pregnancy #2. It's like your body already knows whats comming so it might as well just get to the point! When Jake wonders why you're so tired, just remind him that you are growing brains! It seems like with each pregnancy, some things are worse than last time and some things are better. At least it keeps it interesting! Congratulations on hearing the heartbeat - that always is a nice sound to hear! We're thinking of you and wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear that this pregnancy is a bit easier than last time. My biggest complaint this time is reflux and heartburn which I've never really experienced before during a pregnancy. Oh and then there's the fact that I look like I could deliver tomorrow but I'm only 22 weeks!
    Glad to hear that you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete