Friday, January 11, 2013

Our Cali Vacay!

Day 1 - Involved flying to Southern California and renting a car to visit my Grandma!

Day 2 - We went on a 1.5 mile nature trail to Barbaras Lake with Grandma Great and had a picnic! That night Grandma stayed home with our sleeping babies so we could go see "Les Miserables"

Sage, standing next to 'California Sage'

Sage, smelling 'Sage'

She is getting so big!

"Okay Mom, I love you and all, but stop taking my picture."  :)


Barbaras Lake is the only natural lake in Orange County


Day 3 - We went to the Petersen Automobile Museum in Los Angeles.





Hot Wheels!



Me and my Uncle John

Day 4 - Uncle John got us into California Adventure! It was our first time to see the new Cars Land! We thought of some cousins whom we would have loved to share the day with... mainly **Enoch**



Best ride EVER. Too bad the line was always soooo long.



Lightning McQueen himself!





Riley rode Tower of Terror with her Daddy! She's braver than I was at her age! :)



They had so much fun they passed out

Day 5 - We went out on Huntington Beach Pier and had lunch at Ruby's Diner




Day 6 - Uncle John invited us to come back to play at Disneyland!









Jake surprised us by calling and making a reservation to eat dinner at the Blue Bayou. (It's the restaurant inside the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.) I ordered salmon (It was seriously the best salmon I've ever had!), the girls shared some super yummy macaroni and cheese and Jake had Jambalaya. When we were ready to pay for our check, the waitress told us it was already taken care of. Someone had paid for our meal. It was one of the most touching experiences we have ever shared. I failed trying to hold back tears. What a wonderful example of giving. We will never forget those feelings and pray we can do this kind of thing in the future for others.

Day 7 & 8 - We rested and packed for our trip back to snowy Idaho!

We feel so blessed. It was a wonderful trip where special memories were made. I love visiting with my Grandma and hearing the stories of her childhood. She is my last living Grandparent and I'm glad she is still so healthy and happy. 

3 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you all had such a good time. We have a picture of Brooke about Sages age laying her head on Mark's while he was giving her a piggy back ride that looks almost exactly like the one of Jake and Sage. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photographs! Thanks for sharing. And thanks to a wonderful person somewhere who picked up your tab. That happened to us here at Balintoy Harbour one cold winter day last year and it was tender mercy from the Lord. Contrary to what the news media would have us believe, there are still lots of wonderful people in the world. You did such a brilliant job of sharing your vacation. However, where are the pics of Jake enjoying tuna sandwiches?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! And Beautiful family! Glad you had a fun trip! :) We will have to go with you next time to Cars Land! {Oh and I am pretty sure Riley is braver than I am already! Go Riley!} &Hearts;

    ReplyDelete