Monday, September 17, 2012

Massive Hike

This past weekend, my brother Jason came to visit! We decided to go hike to Lower Palisades. It's an 8 mile hike - hence the title of this post. Why would we do this with an 18 month old and a 4 year old? Because we are crazy. Although, I have to brag about how AWESOME they did. We could not be more proud. We discovered almost instantly that Sage preferred to be attached to the front of you, where she could see. Once we figured that out, we hardly heard a peep out of her. And, Riley was my hero. Her little legs walked at least twice as much as mine for 6 hours straight. We were soooo impressed with her. I was super exhausted, so I can't imagine how tired she was.


Uncle Jason brought his hammock and set it up for a quick rest

We followed the river through the mountains


 Overlooking Lower Palisades

Gorgeous! I love Fall!


The best part of the hike - standing where Jake proposed to me 6 years ago!

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Wanna go when we get back. (I'll help carry Sage!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably be too old to hike by then, Cavehill did me in and that was only 45 minutes. However, I did not know of your hike 6 years ago; I was buying a toilet at the time and had my mind on other matters. Nice to learn some family history. You are all brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are stunning! Did you edit them at all, or are the colors really that sharp? I can't believe Riley hiked the entire time. You guys are crazy! Crazy and awesome....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stephanie, aren't the colors amazing?!! The only edit I did was of me in the very last picture. I just lightened me up. The water was really that gorgeous and the trees too! My favorite picture of this post is the one with Riley and her Uncle Jason with the caption, "Overlooking Lower Palisades." The colors are breathtaking!

      Delete
    2. That is incredibly beautiful! No wonder I love it there! Love those pictures!!!

      Delete
  4. I've never done this hike. We'll have to do it sometime. Cute pictures and I'm so impressed with Riley!! What a trooper!!

    ReplyDelete