Thursday, December 22, 2011

All I want for Christmas is a healthy family!

Things are finally looking up! I kid you not, our family has seen better days. Nearly 3 weeks of illness took place in the Fuller home. Jake had a sore throat. Riley developed a cough she couldn't kick. And, Sage went through HE** (HECK;) and back. I understand it's "that time of year," to get every type of sickness, but the poor baby didn't know what hit her! It started out with a week of a runny nose. Followed by 3 days of hives. Followed by 3 days of fever (all the way up past 103 degree's!) and throwing up. Ending at the beginning with a runny nose. On top of which her doctor is always drilling me about her weight. At the moment, I'm just trying to re-hydrate the girl. She can gain a few pounds later...let's focus on keeping her alive. My Mom has some words of wisdom, "you wouldn't appreciate being healthy if you weren't sick sometimes." Amen! Now, that my family seems to have turned the corner we couldn't be happier. My children are smiling again! And, laughing! I am so thankful to be getting out of this nightmare. I am also thankful I didn't get sick. Plenty of stress and worry and lack of sleep, but not sick. I wouldn't have been able to take care of anyone if I was in on all that fun. So, things could always be worse! :) Here's to a happy HEALTHY Christmas! We hope each of you have fun celebrating this special time of year with your loved ones.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you were sick!! That's miserable! Your mother is wise though! We wouldn't appreciate our health if we always had it (but its hard to remember that when your whole family is miserable!)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley looked great today!! So glad everyone is feeling better! We excited to see you and your family this weekend! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Jana!! It's Terrible when the kids get sick and especially during Christmas!! We're finally getting healthier and happy over here too! I hope it sticks for yours and ours! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete