Sunday, October 23, 2011

5k Zombie Chase

Jana and Anna
My support system- including my husband taking this picture (Riley is wearing her pirate halloween costume...you will see a full-body shot in the upcoming holiday post)
Anna and Jana waiting for the race to begin!
The person you see above, is a man. Shocking I know ;) He doesn't look too bad in a sports bra, eh?
Anna's husband took pics of some Zombies waiting to catch us

Run for your lives! The Zombies are coming!!! This was such a fun race! The main reason it was such a great race was because I got to run it with a really good friend I hadn't seen in over a year! Anna and I signed up as "survivors." Survivors got a 1 minute head-start after which they sounded a bull-horn and un-leashed the Zombies! Once the first Zombie passed us I glanced down at my watch and it had only taken them another minute and a half to catch up with us! They were fast! I was able to finish the race with a time of 25:26, which is my personal record! :) Overall, I finished in 49th place out of 249 people. And, I was in 9th place out of 40 in my female age group. Thanks for running with me, Anna! Let's do it again sometime!

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun idea! Good job! You make me almost wanna get up and exercise...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Good Job Jana! That is a great time! I bet it was chilly early in the morning, too! Way to go, lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete