Sunday, March 9, 2014

Jake's Birthday SURPRISE!

On Jake's birthday we ate dinner at my brother Jeremy's house. Chrissy is an amazing cook and she spoiled us with Mexican food! It was sooo good! 








I had a birthday surprise for Jake and it was HARD to keep it a secret! Basically, I had to pretend like I hadn't planned or gotten him anything on his actual birthday. Jake seemed fine with it, but I felt like the worst wife EVER! I arranged a weekend getaway for Salt Lake City (thanks to my amazing parents!! I couldn't have done this without them)! I did a bit of research and found a really neat Bed & Breakfast called, Inn on the Hill. So…two days after his birthday, with bags packed and in the car - I told Jake that my parents were going to watch the girls so we could go out for dinner. We ate at Cafe Rio (his favorite) and when we were almost finished and ready to "go home," I told him that we were going to spend the weekend together in Salt Lake City! Jake was excited and totally surprised! It was worth the wait to FINALLY tell him! ;) And, we had such a great time together!

Jake is standing on the balcony where our room was at the B & B

Check out our view!


We really enjoyed relaxing and doing whatever we wanted! The Inn had a pool table and game selection. We played a few rounds of pool and Uno. 

Our room

The breakfast was awesome! We chose to eat at 8:30 and had the dining room to ourselves! 

On Saturday, we spent the day walking around Temple Square and going to the Visitors Center. We listened to an organ recital in the old Tabernacle. We window shopped at the City Creek Mall and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory!

Thanks again to my Mom and Dad for watching the kids! It was so nice to have some alone time with Jake and we really enjoyed our weekend away.

Happy Birthday, Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment