RILEY
First, I will mention that a few days before Christmas, Riley decided she wanted to get her ears pierced. She has been talking about wanting earrings for the past two years, but was too afraid of the painful process. She was really brave and didn't cry! Jake took pics with his phone, but I need to take some of her with my camera!
Lately, she has all kinds of ideas about what she wants to be/do when she grows up. I love having these conversations with her, because I remember having these conversations with my Mom when I was little. :)
She thinks it would be fun to ride around in her "paint ambulance" fully equipped with everything she would need to paint nails in an emergency. :)
She has also mentioned owning her own ice cream store, becoming an astronaut or airplane pilot.
Lately, she has been busy copying books, so that she can learn to be an author and illustrator. She worked on this book for FOUR HOURS today. Me and Sage tried to get her to come play with us, but she was busy. :)
It's so much fun being Riley's Mom. She is such a good girl and such a big helper. She likes to surprise me by cleaning up toys and making her bed. I hardly ask her to pick anything up because she likes a neat house. She has grown up a lot since she started Kindergarten. And, she has made a lot of friends. She talks about music time and the school library, recess and PE. We have lived in Utah for 4 months now, but she still gets very homesick. It breaks my heart and we have moments that we cry about it together. Moving is HARD!
SAGE
We potty-trained Sage a month ago and she caught on right away! I waited much longer to train Sage than I did with Riley and I think it really paid off.
hehehe! Happy girl!
Sage has an amazing imagination, just like her big sister! She loves playing with stuffed animals and pretends she is a doctor. Her and Riley get very involved in their role-play and I'm able to shower and get a lot done around the house. Sage lets me know how frustrating it can be to be the little sister. She wants to go to school "like Riley" and play with Riley's friends and be tall "like Riley" and wear roller skates "like Riley." Hang in there little girl! I know what its like to be the youngest and you won't be the youngest for very long!
Sage doesn't like saying goodbye to her Daddy every morning. On his way out the door to work she usually yells, "Daddy! Give me a hug and a kiss!" (She always gets extra kisses and hugs because she forgets or pretends to forget that he gave her a hug and a kiss 2 minutes earlier.) And, she always asks him, "Are you coming back?" To which he always replies, "Of course! I'll always come back." :)
25 Weeks


Love that Riley wants to have an emergency vehicle for nails! I really should call her daily to fix mine! :) So Cute! And way to go Sage!! That is SOOOOOO nice! Quite the accomplishment, too!! :) And Jana! You are such a lovely pregnant lady! All belly, so excited for you guys! ♥
ReplyDeleteSuch cute pictures!! We think moving is hard too---especially when we don't get to see everyone as much as we would like!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete