We took over 700 pictures on our trip overseas! So, I will do my best to post the best ones! I think I'm going to do at least three posts over the next few weeks of our amazing vacation, so check back every once in a while to see more photos.
DAY 1 - Jake's Dad took us to the airport. We said goodbye to our children and I somehow managed not to burst into tears until they drove off. It was the hardest thing I've ever done. I have never been away from my kids longer than a day, so I was freaking out. Thankfully, I became consoled and couldn't wait to see my parents. Our first flight was from Idaho Falls to Denver, Colorado. From Denver, we flew to Newark, New Jersey and saw the Statue of Liberty as we were landing. At 9:00 pm we flew from Newark to Belfast, Northern Ireland. We arrived at 9:00 am and forced ourselves to stay awake till that night. I don't remember ever being so tired! Here is a picture of Jake napping at the Newark Airport. :) Creative, isn't he?
Following the sunrise.
Seeing my parents for the first time in almost a year was like a dream. My Mom and I embraced and had a good cry. I sure missed them! This picture was taken in front of Shaw's Bridge at the river Lagan.
We went on a beautiful walk by their home in Belfast.
This place is called, "Giants Ring." It is said to be a burial ground dated back to 300 or 400 BC! That's old!
Day 2 - "Dark Hedges," looks like something out of Lord of the Rings. So cool!
"Giants Causeway" All natural rock formations.
Me and my missionaries :)
The Irish Sea. If you look towards the right of the picture, you can catch a glimpse of Scotland on the horizon.
Chimney Rock at Giants Causeway.
"Giants Boot"
A drive on the Coastal Route
"Dunluce Castle," built in the 1300's!
King Jake on his throne.
I can't imagine how difficult it must have been to make this castle on a small island!
On our way to the Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge
Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge (Glad I didn't look down!)
Best Fish n' Chips on the planet!
Love them - even in their old age. ;)
Day 3 - Bus tour of Belfast
Belfast City Hall
Northern Ireland Government Building
Smallest house...ever. The tour guide claimed that at one point a family with 10 children were living in this house! Isn't it cute?!
Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. There were pictures and murals everywhere showing love and devotion towards the Queen. She has been Queen for 60 years this year.
We did some shopping at Victoria Square downtown. It was lovely.
My parents mission car. We have never seen car doors open backwards before!
My parents flat is in the top left window of this apartment building. They had an extra bedroom and bathroom so we were able to stay with them for our visit.
Phew! This was just the first three days of our splendid vacation. Stay tuned for the next part of our trip!

Looks like you guys are having a blast! Glad to see all of you enjoying yourself! The little house that had 10 kiddos and parents in it at one point remind me of Stuart Little! Haha. Love the "Elderly People" sign. That's a keeper! Queen's Jubilee murals!? Now that's something I would have loved to see! Beautiful people and places! Thanks for sharing, Jana! :)
ReplyDeleteNice photos. I especially liked the ones of your parents. I thought they looked much younger than one might expect.
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Great memories! It was like a dream that I would love to replay! Miss you!
ReplyDeleteYou look amazing!! So many fun places that you were able to see!!
ReplyDeleteLove these pictures. Can't wait to see more:)
ReplyDelete