Monday, November 22, 2010

Mexico (Xpu-Ha)

As you can see, Jake is incredibly excited to be in Mexico! haha :)

Xpu-Ha Palace Resort was an ecological vacation spot with a variety of local animals. (Turtles)
They had 3 large crocodiles and 5 medium sized crocodiles. ("cocodrillo's"- in Spanish)
There were only 30 people staying at this resort, so we had the entire place to ourselves! :)


Riley got her first professional manicure! She was in Heaven!!






My Dad took some cute maternity pics of me. He did a great job! Look at sweet Riley :)
The sunsets were breathtaking! Every night they were different colors! I enjoyed playing with my new camera.
Riley and her Daddy at the Bar getting "Pinata's" (virgin pina colotas and bloody mary's)
We stayed in bungalows in the jungle. Each had a private balcony-where we ate breakfast.


You don't think of deer when you think of Mexico, but here they are! They ate out of our hands!





Iguana's were EVERYWHERE and they came in all different shapes and sizes. The ones here locally were gray.

The ruins at Tulum were fabulous! Right on the ocean. The Mayan's were ahead of their times.



We went to church in Playa del Carmen. The people were VERY nice and we enjoyed singing without a pianist :)

My parents watched Riley while Jake and I went snorkeling in Akumal. It was awesome!



Kayaking in the cenote was fun...a cenote is salt water, mixed with fresh water-you can see 30 ft down.
Here Jake is relaxing, while Riley is doing all the work ;)....hehe
Mexico was such a blast! The weather was perfect. It wasn't too hot (in fact it got a little chilly at night) and it rained once for only 5 minutes the entire time. I took over 500 pics and it was hard for me to pick just a few to post! Thanks a million Mom and Dad for such an awesome vacation!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome pics Jana! That looks like so much fun! And I love the maternity pic on the beach with Riley. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a BLAST! The pictures look great, way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, am I jealous! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing trip! The water is beautiful. Stockton and I are studying about the Mayans right now...maybe we need a field trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun! I am glad you guys got to go! Scott and I decided we are going for or 5 year anniversary! (Ohh and you are quite possibly the most Beautiful Prego Lady I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! So jealous of you...what a fun vacation. You look AMAZING by the way...you aren't supposed to look that good pregnant!

    ReplyDelete